The University of Almería sees doctoral training as the culmination of university studies and as one of the fundamental axes of its project of excellence. To this end, the International PhD School (EIDUAL) has been equipped to train doctoral students as researchers. Being a doctor is not only knowing and mastering a field of knowledge and science, but also contributing something to the advancement of knowledge and having the capacities and attitudes to lead a sector of social relevance.
EIDUAL's PhD Programs strives for innovation, the transfer of research results, the employability of its graduates, as well as the capacity to seek closer collaboration between society and the university.
UAL is proud of all its graduates, but hopes that its doctors know how to respond to the enormous challenge that the world has to face at present: to provide knowledge leadership in the process of transition to a new world order, that it is bound to be freer, fairer and more supportive.
EIDUAL is aware of the growing and inevitable demand for internationalization. It has, as one of its main strategic objectives, the worldwide dissemination of its programs, placing special attention and emphasis on Ibero-American countries, with which we are united by friendship and fraternity, to be implemented for mutual and reciprocal benefit.
Competencies and Functions of the International PhD School
- To organize the doctoral strategy.
- To supervise the management of EIDUAL
- To approve the Code of Good Practices and the Guide of Good Practices for EIDUAL's Thesis Direction, if applicable.
- To ensure compliance with the rights and duties of doctoral students, tutors and directors of doctoral theses, in accordance with the corresponding regulations.
- To ensure compliance with good practices adopted by the school, and the guide to good practices for thesis supervision.
- To approve the condition of EIDUAL's international advisers.
- To promote the quality and excellence of PhD Programs.
- To monitor the doctors who have graduated from the PhD Programs, through the procedures established by the University of Almería, or agreed by the universities participating in joint programs.
- Various other functions assigned by current regulations.