Quality Assurance System of the Centers
The University of Almería has designed and implemented a Quality Assurance System (SGC) in each of its Centers, following the national ANECA guidelines and, at the Andalusian level, those of DEVA. The system is being deployed at the moment and covers all the degrees that each center offers.
An SGC is a set of documented procedures that allow the Center’s Quality to be managed; its core idea being to guarantee the quality of the teaching-learning process. To do this, it begins with an initial analysis of the structure and necessary resources that ensure continuous improvement, placing special emphasis on exceeding the expectations of the main interest group - the students - and acting so that possible problems can be detected before they occur. Among all the results that the SGC measures and controls, those related to the assessment of the teaching staff’s teaching activity, the graduation and success rates, and the analysis of graduate labor insertion are especially relevant.
A fundamental characteristic of the SGC is that it is comprehensive, encompassing all the activities of the center and setting improvement objectives for all of them. The SGC itself is assessed and improved annually by reviewing results, observing compliance with the center's Annual Quality Plan, and through internal and external audits.
Members of the International PhD School’s Quality Committee
- As members of the EIDUAL Steering Committee: Antonio Fernández Barbero, Cristóbal Saraiba Bello, Sagrario Manzano Moreno, Fernando Sánchez Santed.
- The General Director of Quality at the University of Almería: Carmen Pozo Muñoz.
- As students of PhD Programs: Juan Jesús Ojeda Castelo, Isabel Parra Oller.
- As a doctor who has read the thesis in the last three years: Javier González Martín,
- As a SPEC technician: Manuel Linares Titos.