Master's degrees that give direct access to this Doctorate (No training supplement).
Those students who have obtained a degree in any of the following Master's can directly access these studies:
- 1. Master’s in Innovation and Greenhouse Technology
- 2. Master’s in Plant Production of Protected Crops (research itinerary).
- 3. Master's in Industrial Computing.
- 4. Master’s in Advanced Computer Techniques.
- 5. Master’s in Advanced and Industrial Computing.
- 6. Master’s in Representation and Design in Engineering and Architecture (Inter-university: Almería-Córdoba-Málaga).
Master's degrees that give access to this Doctorate for which training supplements are required.
Those students who have obtained a degree in any of the following Masters will be able to access these studies. In each case, students must pass the training supplements that are determined for each study, among those specified in section 3.4 of this report. The completion of these training supplements must be carried out, preferably, in the first year of study and, in any event, before the end of studies:
- Master’s in Plant Production of Protected Crops (professional itinerary).
- Master’s in Global Change Assessment.
- Master’s in Occupational Hazards Prevention.
Other Master's or PhD Program Training Periods in the Engineering and Architecture branch..
Those students who have obtained a degree in an Official Master's Degree, or who have completed the PhD Program training period (via any of the mechanisms provided in the applicable legislation), will be able to access these studies. In this case, students must pass the training supplements specified in section 2 of the previous section. However, the degree’s Academic Committee will recognize or validate them in a reasoned way, either totally or partially, based on the training accredited to the student. These training supplements should preferably be completed in the first year of study and, in any event, before the end of studies.
In the event that the demand for the Doctorate is greater than the places on offer, admission will be decided by the Doctorate’s Academic Committee using scientific-technical and academic assessment criteria, according to the following:
- a. Academic Record: 50%
- b. Currículum vitae 20%
- c. Interview: 30%. Said interview will be the responsibility of the Academic Committee together with the professors-researchers who offer places in their research lines.
Students with specific educational needs derived from disability will have the appropriate support and advisory services, which will assess the need for possible curricular adaptations, itineraries or alternative studies.
The University of Almería provides for part-time students in the teaching of the Engineering and Architecture PhD Program. For full-time students, it is estimated that, to complete the doctoral thesis, a 3-year itinerary plan is required, with the possibility of a 1-year extension. In the case of part-time students (active professionals, etc.), the planned itinerary is 6 years, and can be extended by 2 more years, depending on the personal situation and the requirements of the thesis in question.