In order to access to the PhD studies, it will be necessary to be in possession of an Official Spanish University Degree University degree, , as well as a Master Degree.
The Official Pre-Bologna University Degree must match to a Grade-3 of the MECES levels established by the Spanish Government (Spanish web page).
Those who are in any of the following cases may also access to the PhD studies (view cases)
Some PhD programs have their own access requirements that can be found on the program´s page , at the item "Knowing the Program / Specific Criteria".
In order to access to one of the PhD programs offered by the University of Almería, the candidates must pre-register to undergo a selection process.
They will contribute in the period established for it:
- The documentation accrediting your access training.
- A commitment signed by the candidate to be the Thesis supervisor (Commitment Form). The candidate to be the Thesis supervisor must meet the quality requirements established by the University of Almería. In addition, the director candidate must not exceed the maximum number of supervisions, according to the PhD regulations (including the new students the supervisor tries to supervise).
- The Research Working Planning (Research Planning) that you PhD student will develop.
From September 1 to October 12, 2020
The University of Almería establishes the supervisory functions for doctoral students through a Commitment Form signed by the PhD student, the supervisor, the tutor and the Coordinator of the PhD Program.
During the pre-registration process, this should have the signatures of the candidate and the proposed supervisor director. In case the student is selected, this document will be filled in by the administration with the rest of the required signatures. It will become this form in the Commitment Form.
The document includes a procedure for possible conflicts concerning to the intellectual or industrial rights that could be generated from the scientific research.
The Research Plan is the Research Work he student tries to develop during his period as a PhD student, as well as strategy to reach it.
It includes four sections:
- Provisional title of the thesis
- Media and planning
INITIAL PLANNING: The research planning will be in the PRE-ENROLLMENT period. This is one of the evaluable items (rules stablished by the academic committee) for the PhD student selection.
CONFIRM / MODIFY Once a year, the PhD student must NECESSARILY TO BE EVALUATED: either 1) to confirm that the Research Planning is the proper one, or 2) to modify the Research Plan in order to improve it, establish new strategies or redo it according to the evolution of its scientific research. It will use the digital platform established for this purpose RAPI and in the dates established for it.. Both the Confirmation and the Modification must be checked by the student's supervisor to be valid.
- Identity card (DNI / Passport / NIE).
- Academic certification to access the PhD studies (The academic certification obtained abroad must be duly legalized) and translated into Spanish.
- Commitment form to supervise the PhD student digitally-signed by the candidate to be supervisor, available at the following link: Commitment Form. In case that the candidate to be supervisor does not have at least a positive six-year-research evaluation (registered at UAL), the applicant must upload the supervisor candidate's CV to the pre-registration application:
- Proof of Spanish Ministry that includes the six-year periods recognized for the candidate to director and the dates of validity of the same.
- Research Planning signed by the student and by the candidate to be supervisor, available at the following link:
- Research Planning signed by the student and by the candidate to be supervisor, available at the following link: Commitment Form.
Once the pre-registration process has been completed:
- The University of Almería will check that the access conditions fulfills.
- The PhD Program Academic Committee will evaluate the applications and will prepare a list of admitted candidates.
- The list will indicate the candidates that must pass Additional Specific Complements once enrolled in the PhD studies. These Complements must be passed during the PhD period (preferably during the first year). This is a compulsory condition to obtain the title of Doctor at the end of the doctoral training process.