Conditions for access to the Doctorate
Those who are in one of the following cases may also gain access:
- To hold an official Spanish university degree, or a degree from another country belonging to the European Higher Education Area, which qualifies for access to a Master's degree and to have passed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in all official university studies, of which at least 60 must be at Master's level.
- Be in possession of an official Spanish Graduate Degree, the duration of which, in accordance with Community law rules, is at least 300 ECTS credits. These graduates must take the training complements referred to in article 7.2 of RD 99/2011 of 28 January (BOE 10-02-2011), unless the study plan of the corresponding degree includes training credits in research, equivalent in training value to the research credits from Master's studies.
- University graduates who, after obtaining a place in training in the corresponding entrance exam to specialized health training places, have passed with a positive evaluation at least two years of training in a program for obtaining the official degree of one of the specialties in Health Sciences.
- Be in possession of a degree obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems, without the need for its homologation, after verification by the university that it accredits a level of training equivalent to that of the official Spanish degree of University Master's and that it entitles the holder to access doctoral studies in the country that issued the degree. This admission will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous degree that the interested party holds or its recognition for other purposes than access to doctoral studies.
- Be in possession of another Spanish Doctorate degree obtained in accordance with previous university regulations.
- Be in possession of an official university degree that has obtained the correspondence to level 3 of the Spanish Framework of Qualifications for Higher Education, according to the procedure established in the Royal Decree 967/2014, of November 21, which establishes the requirements and procedure for the homologation and declaration of equivalence to official university qualifications and for the validation of foreign higher education studies, and the procedure for determining the correspondence to the levels of the Spanish Framework of Qualifications for Higher Education of the official qualifications of Architect, Engineer, Licentiate, Technical Architect, Technical Engineer and Diploma. (Third final provision of RD 195/2016 of 13 May, establishing the requirements for the issue of the European Supplement to the University Degree of Doctor).